Benefits of rope jumping
Jumping rope is inexpensive, simple to learn and great for your health. Boxers, tennis players and all sorts of other athletes incorporate rope jumping into their training routines. All you need is a pair of good shoes, a rope and some funk. You can jump rope everywhere, anywhere, wherever you are.
- Increases stamina and endurance
- Rope jumping is both aerobic as anaerobic
- Strengthens the bones, helps to prevent osteoporosis
- Helps strengthen muscles in the whole body (legs, abs, arms)
- Improves coordination, posture, balance and rhythm
- Aids in fat loss and weight maintenance
- Skipping can avoid the knee damage which may occur during running, since the impact of each jump or step is absorbed by both legs
Jumping rope can get boring and very tiring, especially for the calf muscles. If you got the hang of the basics of skipping, you can use different jump rope moves to keep yourself focused.